Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"Stressful Situations"

Well yesterday was an excellent day for the both of us.  We just keep getting closer and closer, and that definitely bodes well for the future I hope we can have.

When I first got back and we were looking at what we wanted to do together, we thought it would be good to be in some "stressful situations" to see how the other responds and get to know each other in that sense as well.  We've been trying to come up with stuff like that, but so far to no avail.  Yesterday gave us a great, unexpected opportunity to experience that.

We hiked up that back of Timpanogos yesterday, so driving up there, Alyssa's car was struggling big time.  When we pulled into the lot, her car starts smoking and what not, so we open the hood to find a ripped hose and antifreeze everywhere.  We let her dad know and went hiking.

On this hike, there's a nice little waterfall, and we hiked to one of the ledges of the waterfall.  I jumped down a rock, and the pocket with her car keys ripped and the keys fell into this miniature raging torrent and were probably almost carried down a thirty foot drop and lost forever.  Thankfully, they got caught on a rock and I went in to get them.  Getting down to the rock they were caught on, I slipped and got both feet soaking wet.  Thankfully, we got the keys.

This is where we almost lost the keys

Adventure #2 was that it started raining right about then, so we started heading down the mountain.  We got caught in a pretty good downpour and got soaked.

We got wet

Adventure #3 was waiting for her dad to come and finally having to worry about fixing the car.  Thankfully, her dad's a car wizard, so he got things all fixed up and we made it home safe.

It's funny how the things you most look for sometimes come when you just aren't looking for them.  That's maybe been a hallmark in mine and Alyssa's relationship, and I'm very grateful for that.  She came at a time when I least wanted a real relationship, but it's turned out to be one of the things that makes me happiest in my life.  I'm sure glad God knows what we need and when we need it.  I'm also glad that I've learned to accept that fact and just be happy when good things come, even unexpectedly.

Today I'll be expecting a definitive answer from Alyssa in regards to our future and what we're going to do.  I'll keep you posted.

I sure love that girl

No comments:

Post a Comment