Monday, July 15, 2013

Episode 1: Part 2

If you've forgotten where we left off in the story, just go back and read it.  A recap is basically pointless on a blog.

So after the initial contact was established, we started talking more and establishing an actual friendship.  After having stunned me with her beauty, she sealed the deal with her wit, humor, and general goodness.  I could tell I was way out of my league trying to start a relationship with her, but that feeling lingered quite poignantly and I had to do something about it.  In the ensuing months, we continued along those lines and started eating lunch together at school.

Later, we ended up doing another musical together, and I started making it clear where I was hoping we could go.  We started talking more, I got her phone number, and started picking her up for rehearsals and performances.  We could both tell there was something developing, but we were both a little too timid to just come out and say it.  Some of my fondest memories with Alyssa were during this time when I wanted her so bad, but still couldn't have her, so I just had to make due with what we had.

Towards the end of that production, she asked me to a school dance, which I gladly accepted, though I had been waiting to ask her to prom as our first date.  We went to the dance and had a great time together.  As per tradition among my friends, we all came to my house after so I could play them some music and we could all sing along (I don't know how that tradition started, but whatever).  As everyone filed out, I prepared to say goodbye to Alyssa.  When we were the last ones in my house, we hugged goodnight, and oh what a hug it was.  I recall it was literally painful to have to separate from that, not knowing if the future would have any more of those.

(sorry about the terrible quality... that's a picture from my phone of a picture of that first date)


Around this time, we started to catch on to the other's feelings and began hinting at a relationship.  One of our friends (also named Alyssa) was an excellent mediator and helped me realize that I was being a pansy and that I should just tell Alyssa I wanted to be with her because she wanted to be with me, too.  It was still too good to be true for me (and really still is) that she would want anything to do with me.  Eventually, I got up the courage to go talk to her about it, and this wonderful relationship was born.

There's much more to the story than that, but those are the very basics (and boy was I long-winded in telling just the basics!).  Maybe more will come out in future posts, but we'll see.

Here's an update: Things are now starting to really move along.  After that last talk we had and Alyssa getting some sound advice from her mom, we're starting to make legitimate, quick progress.  I won't give out any specific details yet, but there are good things to come in the near future, all of which I will let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment